Frankie and the Ghost

Being that Halloween is around the corner and all the stores are putting out their stock I was hit with inspiration when I laid my eyes on Frankie. I couldn't even wait for a sale; he was to cute to pass up.  And just who is Frankie, you ask?  Meet Wilton's Frankie! 


And of course, I just had to create something with him. 
I've added a few new pictures. 







Now you know why I just had to run with Frankie and give him a sidekick for the season.

Here's how to do your own Frankie and Ghost snack cakes.


You'll need:

  • Little Debbie Fall Party Cakes (10 cakes per box)
  • Kraft Jet-Puffed Ghost Mallow Marshmallow  
  • Brach's Autumn Mix 
  • Wilton Candy Melts in Vibrant Green (12 oz. bag)
  • Wilton Icing Decoration aka Frankie (12 count) 
  • Wilton Food Writer Pen
  • cookie sheet
  • small Ramekin bowl
  • Parchment or Wax paper 
Take your Food Writer pen and add faces your Ghosts Mallow. Set aside on a cookie sheet-lined with wax or parchment paper - to dry. Melt 1/4 cup of Candy Melts in a small microwave-safe Ramekin bowl, (increments of 20 to 30 seconds) stir until melted. Take your Ghost Mallows / Frankie and dip the very bottoms into your Candy Melts and attach to your Fall Party Cakes. Remember to leave room for a candy pumpkin or two (just dip them into melted Candy Melts). Let stand until the candy melts have hardened, about 5 to 10 minutes.

The sprinkles on the Little Debbie Fall Party cakes remind me of fall leaves. 
I love Wilton's Vibrant Green Candy Melts; they make for a great monster green look.
Wilton also has other Halloween characters to choose from. 


I hope your little Ghosts and Goblins enjoy these snack cakes. 

 I know mine did!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's old is new again - Mother's Day treat

  While going through family boxes, I came across my grandmother's 1937 Royal Cookbook. Within these well-loved pages were notes from my...