Skip to main content

Autumn in Michigan

Fall is in the air here in Michigan and farmers markets are in full swing.  We've been to the Greenfield Village Farmers Market twice this month. If you have a chance you should check it out.



At home our garden tomatoes are turning ripe faster than we can keep up with. There is just nothing like  homegrown tomatoes fresh from the garden.


Wanting to prolong the fruits of summer I put on a pot of tomatoe sauce to simmer the day away. Once its cooled, I put it in bags and freeze for pasta's and soups.



I love knowing what food I preserve is wholesome and free from chemicals, just pure rich and delicious. 




What are you cooking in your kitchens this fall?  Anyone else wanting to hold on to their summer gardens?












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mother's day Brunch

For the beginning of May I kept busy with a simple buttercream retirement cake.  I used a butter cream transfer method to create this sweet red motor cycle, camper and camp fire.  Then I  constructed a retirement plaque out of rolled fondant.    Best wishes to the United States Postal Service Person, enjoy your retirement.


On  Mother's Day I did a spring brunch for my mother on Sunday afternoon.  I made this Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche, a recipe I found fromMartha Stewart. I used a pre-made pastry shell and I added portobello mushrooms to the recipe. Using some of the egg white, I brushed on the edge of the pie crust to give that golden glossy shine to it. It was a very easy and quick recipe to whip up and you can even do it ahead of time for convenience.




As a side for the Quiche,  I made a Non-GMO micro-green salad with julienne cucumbers and strawberries,  drizzled with a pomegranate salad dressing.  These delicate micro-greens needed delicate garnishes and doing a julienne cut to the…

Spring Bazaar Arts and Craft

St. John's held their annual Spring Bazaar on April 8th. 

Bake sale items were to help raise money for a new roof.  I made these cupcakes and a few mini cake's with my new Russian cake tips for the bake sale.






I packaged up, the single cupcakes in ice cream cups and taped a clear cup upside down as a cover.  This made for a great to go cup.  




I made up multi packs of three and four cupcakes in spring colored and bunny boxes.

For the mini cakes I removed the cup cake holder insert and placed the 5" cakes inside.  They fit perfectly. 

After checking in, I found the single-serve cups sold faster than the multi-packs.  A good thought for next bake sale. Be sure to stop by next year to check out the wonderful artists and vendors. 


Christmas treat for your table.

Lets see just what we can create with this group of goodies.








Wishing you Joy and Peace at Christmas and throughout the New Year.   A time to treasure your family and friends you hold dear. 

Leave me a note if you'd like a step by step how to, to build these snowmen and women.