Happy Birthday America!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!  
Following is a light and very refreshing dessert for you to try for your next 4th of July Celebration. I found the recipe on Cooks Illustrated website.  

 
It's a fresh Strawberry and Blueberry Mousse. 

 I decided to use Ball 8oz Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars with lids which would make it easier to transport and the dessert looked pretty in them.


I started with the blueberry mousse layer first.  After it was chilled and set, I added the strawberry mousse layer.  The jars were then placed back in the refrigerator to firm up till time to serve them.  Just before serving I  whipped up homemade whipping cream.  I then added some extra berries and flags to top it all off!

 

 


 As you can see by the pictures, my nephew and niece enjoyed them.  My Grandmother (96 years young) thought they were delicious!!





Thank you to all the men and women who fight for our freedom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's old is new again - Mother's Day treat

  While going through family boxes, I came across my grandmother's 1937 Royal Cookbook. Within these well-loved pages were notes from my...