Boo-tiful Elegant Halloween Treat

With hints of autumn in the air I started to pull out my seasonal decor this past weekend.  Some of my autumn decor was from last year's trip to Dixboro General Store.  It's where I found these cute Halloween bric-a-brac ornaments.  (You can find inspiration in many places, and for me one of those is a store in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  So the next time you are out and about in Ann Arbor stop in and see what they have to inspire you.)



With them for inspiration, I grabbed some fondant and food coloring and went to work.  Molding my fun spooky specter and squashes out of a fondant medium, but finding just the right base was a whole other issue. I didn't want them to get lost in a lot of colors, or busy cake, I wanted them to be the focus. I settled on a whipped chocolate ganache-covered mini cake.  These mini cakes makes portion control easy and when dressed in whipped chocolate ganache will satisfy any one's sweet tooth.









This spooky specter says have a Boo-tiful Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Pasties Corn Beef Hand pies

What to do with your left over Corn Beef and vegetables? Why, make Irish Pasties hand pies of course.  Here is a quick and easy way to deal ...