Irish Pasties Corn Beef Hand pies

What to do with your left over Corn Beef and vegetables?
Why, make Irish Pasties hand pies of course. 
Here is a quick and easy way to deal with those left over bits to enjoy on the go.


First cut your leftovers into bite size pieces to fit into each pie.  
You want to be sure your leftovers are cool.

Next get you pie crusts I used Pillsbury, super easy and no mess.

I made 6" rounds and mini round pies.


For the 6" rounds I cut round circles from a box of Pillsbury pie crusts. 
Rerolling the dough to get as much pies out of it as I could.  




For the mini pies I used my pizza cutter to sperate the not so round pie crust.  

 


Filling the pies and sealing them with egg white, crimping the crust closed.
Then pierced the tops with a fork. 
Brushing the tops with more of the egg white wash for that golden shiny finish.

I baked the 6" pies for 15 to 20 minutes until gold at 350 degrees.  
Less for the mini pies depending on your oven until you have a golden crust. 

Keep in mind your filling is fully cooked and its the crust your baking.


 



Happy St. Patrick's day!














 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's old is new again - Mother's Day treat

  While going through family boxes, I came across my grandmother's 1937 Royal Cookbook. Within these well-loved pages were notes from my...