April Showers Brings May Baby Shower!

I was honored by another dear friend to do a baby shower cake for her daughter.  This cake required the use of three different pans to create the figure cake; which was then covered in vanilla butter cream and dressed in pretty pink fondant.

  It all began with the details!  

Fondant buttons were brushed with edible Pearl Dust.



Rolling out fondant over an impression mat of spring ivy and giving it a light dusting of Pearl Dust.  



For the finishing touch, I added a plaque cut from white fondant.



 

Very carefully, as not to disrupt her beautiful figure, this cake was then transported to her shower. 






A new baby girl, 
So tiny and sweet,  
To fill your heart with joy!

Congratulations to the new parents. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

What's old is new again - Mother's Day treat

  While going through family boxes, I came across my grandmother's 1937 Royal Cookbook. Within these well-loved pages were notes from my...