St. Patrick's Day in a slow cooker

There is nothing like coming home to a slow cooker St. Patrick's day dinner. After slow cooking all day the corn beef is fork tender melt in your mouth good.  


I start off carnalizing the Angel Hair Slaw in an iron skillet, while that's happening I drain and rinse my sauerkraut and drain again.  



Once the slaw is carnalized, I mix both slaw and sauerkraut in the bottom of the slow cooker. 





Then layer the potatoes on top.

Add my corn beef and seasoning. 


Add my wedges of cabbage and onions, put the lid on and I started it on high for the first hour. Then leave it on low for 7 to 8 hours. 

When I get home all I need is some sides to add color to my plate. 

I steam Carrots and Asparagus and yes, butter!

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Irish Pasties Corn Beef Hand pies

What to do with your left over Corn Beef and vegetables? Why, make Irish Pasties hand pies of course.  Here is a quick and easy way to deal ...